Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves that can be rolled up past the elbow.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or upset stomach, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Kisella prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.